Ball Ground, GA, Kitchen Plumbing Services
A clogged kitchen sink or garbage disposal makes life very difficult, especially during mealtimes. You need an expert like Performance Plumbing you can call immediately for a quick and lasting solution! We serve Ball Ground, GA, and the surrounding areas.
It’s easy for items to block up your sink or garbage disposal. All it takes is a child dropping a toy down the kitchen sink or someone washing too much grease down the sink drain.
When that happens, you need a professional team specializing in kitchen plumbing. At Performance Plumbing, we deal with everything from a clogged sink to a dish washer and garbage disposal installation.
Our team of drug-tested and background-checked technicians assists with the following services:
- Appliance hookup
- Clogged sink and drain repair
- Faucet repair and installation
- General fixture installation
- Garbage disposable installation, repair, and maintenance
- Kitchen sink replacement and installation
- Plumbing inspections
Are you having a problem with your toilet as well? Speak to our team in Cherokee County about clogged toilet repair.
Sink Repair & Replacement in Ball Ground, Georgia
At Performance Plumbing, we understand kitchen plumbing requires a fair deal of care at Performance Plumbing.
Theoretically, keeping the pipes clear is easy as long as you are careful about what you put down the drain. In reality, things are more complicated because it’s all too easy to rinse too much grease down the plughole.
In our experience servicing Ball Ground, GA, and the surrounding areas, the kitchen sink is the most likely to clog, even when you have a garbage disposal.
That’s because we tend to use our kitchens and bathrooms so differently. With so much food prep and washing of dishes, the kitchens bear the brunt of the debris going down the drain.
Here are some top tips to help you keep things running smoothly:
- Don’t force something down the drain: That three-inch or four-inch pipe narrows once the plumbing enters the wall, usually to about a two-inch diameter. Even if you can force something down the plughole, it will get stuck further along.
- Don’t put grease, oil, or fat down the sink: Even if it’s liquid when it enters the system, it’ll congeal quickly and block the pipe. Instead, use a container to collect leftover oil and grease from cooking and dispose of it in the trash when full.
What to Do If you Have a Clog
First, run hot water down the pipes and see if that helps. It might loosen congealed grease. If you accidentally wash a fatty pan without thinking, follow it up by running the hot tap for a while to flush the plumbing.
If that doesn’t help, fetch a plunger and create a firm seal around the drain’s opening. Slowly push the plunger down and then raise it again. Repeat this a few times, then see if the water drains away.
If that doesn’t work, put the drain cleaner down and step away from the sink. Drain cleaners are generally ineffective when a plunger doesn’t work because the obstruction is too far along.
At best, they are so diluted that they do nothing by the time they get to the problem area. At worst, the caustic solution starts to degrade the plumbing.
Don’t take the chance; call us at Performance Plumbing instead. Whether you’re in Ball Ground, GA, or the nearby areas, rest assured that we have the expertise and equipment to safely and efficiently repair your sink.
Our team of professional and clean techs can also perform leaky faucet repairs and new model installation.
Faucet Repair & Replacement in Cherokee County
A dripping tap is one of the most annoying kitchen plumbing fails. Nine times out of ten, it’s a quick repair job that takes minutes because the washer perished. However, sometimes it’s due to a more severe failure of a more expensive component.
You can rely on Performance Plumbing to determine the right solution and complete cost-effective repairs quickly and safely.
Is it time to install a whole home water filtration system in your home in North Metro Atlanta? Speak to our team about how doing so can improve your health and that of your appliances.
Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement in the Atlanta Metro Area
Call Performance Plumbing as soon as you notice an issue with your garbage disposal because things will only get worse.
Our expert team also suggests giving extra care to what you put through the system, as many things, other than grease, can gum up the works. Follow these tips to minimize garbage disposal breakdowns:
- Put coffee grounds in the trash rather than the drain, as these pack together and form an obstruction.
- Throw away eggshells because they can create a concrete-like substance when they pack into a small space.
- Throw away pasta. It may continue to swell in the water and restrict the water flow. It will also catch other debris and cause a problem.
- Rice expands in the plumbing and clumps together. It adopts a concrete-like texture if it dries out somewhere in the system.
But when your garbage disposal does break, we’ve got the tools and skills to provide fast, efficient repairs.
Looking for reliable kitchen plumbing services that won’t break the bank? Contact our plumbing experts at Performance Plumbing by calling 404-637-9017 today to schedule service in Woodstock, Kennesaw, Ball Ground, GA, and other towns in North Georgia!